t

Saturday, October 07, 2006

ceepha-x-mas 2006

Warmup DJ: Dj Leem- stoned as fook, funny as a bastard.... played some mean electro, u2 for laughs, squarepushers "tundra 4" and generally talked shite over lots of records but in an endearing crowd_pleasing way. A right laugh.

Max Tundra- absolutely awesome live set from, the little chappy with the funk/soul groove and masterful keyboard skills with guitar too. Old and new songs, all of them playfull and FUNKY with gorgeous electro-beatmanship throughout. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Ceephax-tore it up with a "hello everything" heavy set that put that albums killer tracks in the rave context they were always meant to be in. In between it was classic acid-breakbeat wizardry from the 'phax with killer tracks like "prelude in 303 minor" (bangface style placards came out for that one) and the "A(cid)-team" theme track whacked out at full blast. The topper was a full acid-techno rendition of the "12 days of christmas" song .... "five gold rings" with phat-turkey synth lines taking over the words. The place went fuckin smental i tells ya. Not so much any_jenkison mc action as his live sets but enough to tickle me fancy. He was playing tapes too so i guess that included his new cassette releases;.... sounded well fucking wogan!

7 Comments:

Blogger mook said...

Is Niall your sweetheart?

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking for Helen Hynes. Tried to call her in Scottsdale with no sucess. Alex, would you be able to contact me? Thanks. Joyce Nolan (Canada)

8:35 PM  
Blogger Alex Martinez said...

mook... stop projecting...


joyce....drop me an email at thekeyfumbler@yahoo.ie and i'll get you her contact details.

2:44 AM  
Blogger mook said...

heh!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Alex -- I want to thank you for telling your mom that I'd been in touch. I didn't have my thinking cap on or I would have emailed her directly. Duh. Anyway, I've sent her an email but I'd like her address so I can send her something. I don't want to hound her. Would you mind forwarding it? Needless to say, it's heartbreaking to hear that she's going through so much. I'm sure it's difficult for everyone. Thanks for your help. Regards, Joyce

P.S. I've tried to email you at thekeyfumbler@yahoo.ie but it won't go through.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey alex - hope you enjoyed australia, keep in touch, hey! might be heading over your way next year.

is niall still in melbourne? i'm heading there this week - would be good to catch up, & there'a a bunch of cool shit on he's probably interested in.

what's the best way to get in contact?

surely you have more tales/photos, make sure you post them here!

-- ryan (from adelaide)

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's me ... again. I should have left my email. Thanks. enjoy321@sympatico.ca. Joyce

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home