t

Friday, May 26, 2006

- My remix for Quentin

Save filed


History: Quentin put this message up on a forum so i had a bash... literally.

"Allrighty then.

I had an idea earlier tonight, and cobbled something together really quick for this purpose.

Seeing as I can't Photoshop for shite, I thought we should have some sort of Audio fun along the lines of Photoshop competitions going on elsewhere on this site.

Idea's just as simple, I'm going to offer an audio track for re-mixing/mashing/whatever you like here, and you can post your results here too and give us a feel for what your chops are like.

I've put together a groove with a couple of different parts, in sections, so you should be able to isolate drums, bass, etc. Your challenge, should you choose to play, is to take this and mash it whatever way you see fit, and let us hear the results.

Arrangement info for those who care is as follows, key/pitch Eminor (9th) and tempo set at 130bpm. File to download is aiff which may confuse some PC heads but go figure. 1 bar silence intro. Drag and drop!

You can find the tune here:
http://www.army-of-id.com/downloads/CImix.aiff
Play Safe."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Alex,
How's tricks? Your blog is the business... all sorts of cool stuff, logs and excellent photos. Looks like yourself and Niall are having a ball in OZ! Glad to hear you got a job too. By the way I couldn't download from the link to your remix. Don't know if it's me or the link? I gave it a go myself also if you're interested...
http://rapidshare.de/files/21633504/CImix-antoin.mp3.html
Keep up the entertainment...Talk to you soon,
Antoin.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Alex Martinez said...

that link works ok ant.... love your remix too. i sent it on to q for his consideration.. it's a bit more coherent than mine!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got it to work now. Sounds Peelicious! Sweet beat treat that puts a dance to my eager feet! Thanks for that.
Antoin.

10:13 AM  
Blogger mook said...

I've been trying that audacity thingamy... Don't have a clue how to use it.. is there a easy beginners guide somewhere?

7:42 AM  
Blogger Alex Martinez said...

mook.. i think antoins your audacious man there... i just used fruityloops and soundforge but must try audacity too

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home